SINGING 101: BREATHING
Discover, or rediscover, optimal breathing for singing. Use this 30-minute class to explore quality inhalation and exhalation for your individual body and the music you sing.
Watch the video below for a sample of Singing 101: Breathing.
A Teacher You Can Trust
Nancy Bos, vocologist, master singing teacher, alto section leader, and sometimes choral director, has served as a leader for the National Assoc. of Teachers of Singing for over twenty years.
Content You Can Count On
Singing 101, the book, was first written in 2005. It has stood the test of time and been vetted by dozens of vocal pedagogs. It is used in intro to singing classes at universities and music schools.
A Presentation You Will Enjoy
Nancy gets straight to the point in these classes, providing highly engaging content and exercises from the start. Her friendly approachable style is enjoyed by all. Singers experience the difference immediately.
What Singing 101: Breathing Provides
- Learn the difference between managing inhalation and exhalation
- Practice optimal inhaling, unique to each indivdual
- Practice optimal exhaling while singing, unique for each individual
- Apply new, foundational skills to singing
- Practice assignments for building new habits and mastering skills
- Follow recommendations for where to learn more about singing from many different sources
Learn From an Expert
So many takeaways! The basics of breathing for singing are explained clearly and concisely.
Learn Through Doing
Participants practice skills for optimal breathing during the class.