SINGING 101: ALIGNMENT
Discover, or rediscover, optimal alignment for singing. Use this 30-minute class to explore balanced alignment customized for your individual body and the music you sing.
Watch the video below for a sample of Singing 101: Alignment.
A Teacher You Can Trust
Nancy Bos, vocologist, master singing teacher, alto section leader, and sometimes choral director, has served as a leader for the National Assoc. of Teachers of Singing for over twenty years.
Content You Can Count On
Singing 101, the book, was first written in 2005. It has stood the test of time and been vetted by dozens of vocal pedagogs. It is used in intro to singing classes at universities and music schools.
A Presentation You Will Enjoy
Nancy gets straight to the point in these classes, providing highly engaging content and exercises from the start. Her friendly approachable style is enjoyed by all. Singers experience the difference immediately.
What Singing 101: Alignment Provides
- Learn the difference between alignment and posture
- Explore optimal balanced alignment, unique to each individual
- Practice balanced alignment while singing, unique for each individual
- Apply new, foundational skills to singing
- Practice assignments for building new habits and mastering skills
- Follow recommendations for where to learn more about singing from many different sources
Learn From an Expert
So many takeaways! The basics of optimal alignment for singing are explained clearly and concisely.
Learn Through Doing
Participants practice skills for optimal alignment during the class.